Complaints Handling Policy
Any expression of dissatisfaction about the provision, or failure to provide, a financial service and complaints handling procedure which alleges that the complainant has suffered (or may suffer) financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience is treated as a complaint. This includes correspondence in writing and that made during verbal communication. Where any customer expresses concern about the service, steps should be taken to resolve that matter and it should be treated as a complaint.
- Complaints will be responded to within 3 business days upon receipt and then reported to the FCA once it has been handled. We will also provide the customer with a ‘Summary Resolution Communication’ once the complaint has been resolved.
- Complaints are initially made to the customer service team, and can be done via telephone on a local telephone number (basic rate).
- Complaints may be received directly from customers or from third party representatives. In the event of any complaint the matter must be recorded and logged, and referred to the nominated complaints handler in accordance with the complaint handling process.
- Any complaint received from a third-party representative such as Trading Standards or the Citizens Advice Bureau should be immediately referred to the nominated complaints handler. Customers are provided with FOS details (including the website) and a leaflet on raising a complaint to FOS should they wish to do so.
- We are required to complete a complaint return twice a year containing all complaints data.
The following complaints procedure is made available to every customer upon request, is published on the company’s website, and is included in summary form in our customer documentation.
There are several different ways that you can contact us and you can choose from the following:
Contact Natasha Layden our Operations Manager by telephone on 0141 380 0516. Lines are open between 9:30am and 8pm Monday to Thursday, 10:00am to 4:00pm Fridays and Saturday 10am – 2pm. Calls are charged at standard rates for your phone provider.
Or by writing to us at:
58 West Regent Street Glasgow, G2 2QZ
If you are contacting us in writing please remember to let us know your name, your contact details, some details about your complaint and how we can help put things right.
How long will it take?
We try to resolve complaints as soon as possible. In most cases we will be in touch with you within 3 business days with a resolution. If your complaint is complicated it may take longer, but we will keep you regularly updated about our progress and let you know if we need any further information from you.
We’ll send you our final response within 8 weeks. If we can’t respond in this time, we’ll contact you to explain the delay and give you an indication of when to expect our response. If you’re unhappy with the progress of your complaint at this point or you are unhappy with our final response, you can refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
You can contact the Financial Ombudsman at:
Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)
You have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, free of charge – but you must do so within six months of the date of this letter.
If you do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.
Additional information regarding your rights and how to make a complaint to FOS can be found here.