A Debt Arrangement Scheme (DAS) is a legal debt management scheme available in Scotland for Scottish residents. Individuals are also protected from any legal action from creditors and will not have to have any further direct contact with their creditors. Assets such as vehicles and homes are also protected as long as payments to them are maintained. This is a great solution to help individuals who are struggling with payments to creditors and high interest rates and charges. It also offers a fresh financial start as all debts included in a DAS are repaid in full once the scheme is completed.
Pros Vs Cons
- A DAS offers you legal protection from your included creditors
- Your assets are general not included in a DAS
- Interest and charges on included debts will be frozen
- Creditors cannot legally chase for additional payments
- The payments you make into a DAS are based on your income and expenditure, so should always be affordable to you
- You must go through a Money Advisor to get a DAS
- You must pay a monthly fee to your Payment Distributor
- Your credit file will be affected
- You can only make one application a year, so if your DAS application is rejected you will have to find an alternative solution or wait 12 months before reapplying.
- A set up fee of £295 is charged